So here we are, in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. The cities are burning and things are getting desperate. There are zombies everywhere you look, people getting eaten by the hordes. Are you smart enough to survive or do you get devoured? Here are a few things to remember:
- Sally Sue has been grabbed, she’s been bitten on the wrist and she’s about to go down. Don’t go back for her, you idiot. Keep running, there’s no hope for her. If you can spare a bullet, by all means shoot her in the head. But don’t go back or you’ll just be one more walking corpse.
- Don’t settle down. I know we’re all craving a place to call home but there couldn't be a worse thing to do. You need to remain packed and ready to move on at a moment’s notice. Staying alive is better than being at home.
- There is absolutely no reason to use fire as a weapon. Having a moving, biting corpse trying to eat you is still better than having a moving, biting corpse that’s on fire chasing after you. Think about it.
- Use your common sense. If it feels like it may be a bad idea, don’t do it. Don't go to the hospital, 3000 other people have had the same idea and I'm betting a lot of them are infected. Same thing goes for the mall. Use your brain while it's still functioning on a conscious level.
- Don't worry about what other people are doing. Do what you think will help you survive.
If you remember these four things you will have no problem surviving, there may be a few struggles here and there but you will be alive for the long run.
This puts humanity in a tough spot, though. Or is there any humanity left? Where is the line that distinguishes humanity from anarchy? Truth be told, there is no line anymore. You do what you do to stay alive, end of story. But there must be something to help keep us all ourselves rather than mindless killing machines; all of the beloved characters in the movies, television and books seem to have a spark of life that keeps them human.
The simple answer is live. Live each day to it’s fullest. Some days will be bad; full of death and blood. But there will be some good days, days where you find a stash of chocolate bars and shampoo. Take the little things and roll with them, it’s the only way to stay afloat in a world that is threatening to drag you down. Go forth and flourish, survivors.